- Raise your left foot off the floor
- Right foot flat to the floor
- Press your right foot down weight in the heel and stand
- Lower under control with left foot still off floor
- Swap foot and repeat
- Stand with legs wide apart
- Push your hips back and down lowering to the right side
- Bend your right knee making sure it does not cave in towards the left side
- Turn the left on to the heel toes towards the ceiling
- Chest up
- Aiming for right hip beneath the right knee crease
Co-ordination and Body Awareness
Always makes sure you keep your eyes on the weight and your hand directly stacked above your shoulder, never pass the weight above your face when changing hands.
Start lying on your back.
- Right arm up in the air directly above the shoulder (use a shoe instead of a weight until you master this).
- Right knee up right foot flat to the floor.
- Left arm outstretched horizontal to the body
- Left leg straight flat to the floor.
- Raise up onto your left elbow
- Raise up onto your left hand (push into your right foot and your left hand)
- Lift your body off the floor
- Pass your left leg directly underneath you
- Place left knee beneath hips
- Take your left hand off the ground so you are in a lunge position
- Stand up.
- Pass your left leg back into a lunge
- Lower onto your left knee
- Place left hand on the floor
- Pass your left leg beneath you and out stretched
- Lower to the floor
- Onto your elbow
- Onto your back
- Take the weight into your chest
- Roll to your right into the fetal position
- slide weight on the ground around your head
- Lying in the fetal position holding the weight in both hands on your Left side Roll onto your back.
- Raise the left arm up above your left shoulder and repeat on the left side.
This is Part 4 of a 5 Part series by Train2Ski. Read the Introduction to Train2Ski and their fitness programmes for skiing here.